Sunday, August 16, 2009

almost there

Hi my name is Adrienne Gembala and I am one of the lucky 16 to be volunteering for ten days in Estonia and Latvia.

The ability to volunteer and travel at the same time has compromised my love for volunteer tourism. If I am going to travel, I might as well take care of those kind enough to host my stay in their country. I believe that Judaism is a focal point of many communities and definitely brings together people who may not have met otherwise. I am glad that I will be helping to build upon this connection in Estonia and Latvia.

I am most excited to meet my peers in Latvia and Estonia. They are volunteering their time just as we are to make our trip more meaningful. I know that this trip will bring all of us (those traveling from UCSB) closer, as well as those in the countries we will be visiting.

I am so ready to be in Europe already!!

No comments: