Thursday, August 20, 2009

Only a few more days...

I am Avi Rubin, another eager participant in the 10 day volunteering trip to Latvia and Estonia.

It has always been a special interest of mine to see how other communities around the world live. How they practice Judaism, how large of a role Judaism plays in that community, and the overall mindsets of motivation and appreciation for what they have. Judaism has offered me the most meaningful experiences, thus becoming a crucial part in my life. I am curious to see how Judaism lives on in other regions, how it is the same and different, yet still uniting us all over the globe.

It can be very meaningful to learn and see how others live, then take in their life lessons and add them to my own. I am anxious to meet our peers from across the world, live their country, and help out with what I can, whether it be material supplies, mental insights, or manual labor.

Only a few more days until getting a whole new flavor of Judaism!

No comments: