Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Change of Heart

Going into this trip, I thought that I could go to Latvia and Estonia for $600. I have never been to Europe before and it was a great price for traveling to two countries with all amenities included. Knowing that this trip was mainly for community service, it did not appeal to me so much. I have never helped people in this way before. I did not feel like doing this service because it would be boring and not helpful to the community. But while actually doing the community service and seeing the reaction of many people, I knew then that we did something good and right for the community. I felt good inside too! I never thought that I would feel this way about community service and I never thought that it would have such an impact on the community itself. I'm glad that I went on this trip because I did not just sight see, but I helped a community and made a difference.
-Ariel

No comments: