Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Special Moment

I had heard that the weather in Estonia was maybe going to be rainy so I had prepared for rain everyday. However, during the three days our group was there it only rained once. Elana and I were out at night walking around with four Estonian peers. They were showing us all of the sites in the old city. We had just finished looking at old tombstones when it started to rain. When I say that it started, I don't mean that it started to drizzle then slowly got harder. No, this instantly was pouring. We quickly ran for shelter to the nearest place. This happened to be a little archway created by the giant wooden doors of an old cathedral. The rain continued to fall hard. It trickled off the church and it made us feel like we were standing under a waterfall. We all just sat there watching the rain fall and I knew that this was a special moment.
-Stacey Newman

No comments: